IMPROVED STRAVA LIVE SEGMENTS
We’ve moved Strava Live Segments into the Drawer alongside turn cues, phone notifications, and lap history. Each segment has its own tab, and up to four concurrent segments are supported. We’ve also improved every aspect of the in-ride Strava Live Segments experience:
- Users can now dismiss a segment before entering it, as well as see distance till the segment begins.
- We’ve redesigned the in-segment view for legibility and learnability.
- The results screen at the end of each segment has been redesigned to make finishing times clearer and celebrations more engaging.
INTRODUCING VAM DATAFIELDS
We’ve renamed Vertical Speed as VAM (as it is more typically known) and added 30-second average, lap average and ride average VAM datafields. Instantaneous and 30-second average VAM can show negative values to measure descent speed, but lap and ride average only include positive values to allow you to judge your climbing performance on the day.
[KAROO 2 ONLY] UPDATED CELL PHONE CONNECTIVITY
We’ve made a number of changes to improve the experience of connecting Karoo 2 to cell phones for notifications:
- Updated some antenna settings to help maintain connection.
- Removed the alerts when a phone disconnects.
- Cut down the time it takes iPhones to prompt for required permissions.
- Eliminated a double-prompt for required permissions on Android phones.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause the Drawer to be shown when opening a profile to begin a ride. It’s supposed to stay minimized until a turn cue, message, swipe, etc. causes it to open.]
- In the 4/8 Release, we improved the style of the reroute line. But if you have had to re-reroute, you would lose that nice new reroute line styling. We’ve fixed that.
- We’ve fixed an issue that caused the user trace polyline to disappear if you turned the screen off or left the ride app and returned.
- We’ve added an error message to inform users that Dashboard has nothing to show for indoor rides yet.
- We’ve fixed an issue that prevented adding POIs on Dashboard on Android devices.